BioBank Client Manager
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
Azenta is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
The BioBank Client Manager is responsible for bringing biobank solutions to our Client’s facilities. They are a subject matter expert that understands, articulates and implements best practices related to the Better Storage Management Program. They act as change managers for the adoption of sample and inventory management practices consistent with Azenta QMS standards and work with client scientists to appropriately disposition material based on planned use. BioBank Client Managers also manage teams of supervisors, technicians and assistants that execute on the sample, inventory and freezer management plans established for the client.
- Evaluates customer requirements and develop solutions to meet their needs.
- Identifies gaps within current infrastructure and develop processes/procedures to fill the gaps so services can be executed consistently and within proper regulatory framework.
- Provides leadership of multidisciplinary teams and manages productivity of onsite biobank personnel.
- Drives a strong quality culture by ensuring policies, procedures and work instructions prioritize safety, and ensures that appropriate monitoring and reporting processes are in place and effective for continuous improvement.
- Manages projects/project teams for service delivery.
- BS/BA degree in science
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Biobank Management
- Experience in customer service-oriented positions
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Training in process improvement methodology preferred.