Bioinformatics Scientist, Preclinical & Clinical Services
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our Preclinical & Clinical Services department.
Title: Bioinformatics Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Support delivery of clinical and regulated projects, primarily in next generation sequencing (NGS)
- Develop, validate, document and deploy end-to-end bioinformatics analysis pipelines, workflows, and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with bench scientists, comprehend project objectives, evaluate and provide informatics solutions
- Work closely with IT specialists to build robust infrastructure compliant with regulatory standards
- Integrate statistical analysis to project design and data interpretations
- Support company intellectual property management
- Provide customer support for NGS data analysis results
- Support Sales and Marketing departments and related business development efforts
- M.S. in Bioinformatics with 1-3 years of experience required
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics with 0-2 years of experience preferred
- Experience developing software in a regulated environment (CLIA/CAP, GLP, GCP) required
- Essential knowledge of key biological processes and NGS technology desired
- Programming experience writing scripts in Python, Perl, and/or R programming languages
- Concrete bioinformatics skills in analysis of data from various omic platforms
- Experience in NGS data analysis
- Familiarity in applying statistical approaches to NGS data interpretation
- Strong background in software development on Linux system
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate initiative in experimenting with new technologies
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ