Regional Sales Manager - Berlin Area
The Regional Sales Manager for consumables & instrument sales will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of lead/opportunity management, quoting, sales negotiation, and account management. The individual will be responsible for representing Brooks C&I products and strategy within the designated region through a broad variety of customer types including big pharma, biotechs, startups, public and private labs as well as CROs.
FluidX, 4titude, Biocision and Brooks instruments product sales will be managed across all customers in the region.
Coordination of pre-sales resources, post-sales support, and input into regional marketing strategy will be required.
The primary focus will be sales to biobanks, kit manufacturers, private labs, public / federal institutions, and researchers.
The position will report into Sales Manager C&I Germany/Austria and would also interface regularly with inside sales, product management and marketing functions.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Manages all sales related facets of strategic alignment, relationship management, sales process, and engagement
Develops an integrated relationship model and sales approach that can allow Brooks to partner with the key account in a performance-based delivery model
Works closely to support both the direct sales team and our distribution partners to progress sales within the region
Drives growth to achieve top line revenue while continually enhancing the level of customer satisfaction delivered to end users and customers
Responsible for successfully managing the needs of customers to meet the company's overall business plans and strategies.
Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers
Contribute to the development and presentation of Brooks Products and solutions to customer needs
Prepare /weekly/quarterly forecast and report to Sales Manager Germany / Austria
Supports annual business plan development in conjunction with Sales management team, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year
Maintain accurate SFDC/CRM process
Monitor and share market and competitor activities with team
Attend and present at client meetings and internal meetings with other staff/departments as necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values. Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments Marketing, Support, Operations, Service
- Willingness to travel and work in a team of professionals, 60-80%
- The successful individual will consistently exceed revenue targets, maintain or increase margins, and demonstrate the ability to thrive in an aggressive and ‘must win’ company environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales quotas
- Demonstrated understanding of customer and market dynamics and future trends
- Experience in coordinating projects
- Experience of MS Office required
- Experience of Salesforce and/or Oracle a positive
- Fluent German Speaker
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to collaborate with colleagues across EU countries
- Proven track record in life sciences, capital equipment and consumables sales
- Ability to build, maintain and grow a personal opportunity pipeline
- Relationships in researchers across academia, industry, and government
- Ability to work well in a fast growing, global matrix organization
- Strong hunter mentality