Apprentice Process Technician
Apprentice - Injection Moulding Process Technician
Full time / Permanent
Brooks Life Sciences specialises in manufacturing PCR plates and seals used for research across the pharmaceutical industry.
Brooks products play a vital role in the research and development of vaccines and cures for illnesses affecting millions around the world, including cancer and Covid-19
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to build a career within engineering, through apprenticeship. The apprentice Injection Moulding Process Technician is tasked, whilst under supervision, with supporting all machines in production running efficiently with the most suitable process to allow quality approved products to be made.
This training will be conducted onsite within our mould shop but may include offsite training and or college day release.
- Reporting daily to the Senior Process Technician or designated Mould Shop Technician
- To carry out supervised mould tool changes as scheduled or required.
- Under supervised conditions process and adapt moulding parameters to produce QC approved components.
- To assist mould shop Supervisors in obtaining First Off approval at the start of each production batch.
- To complete any production paperwork as required.
- To liaise with the Tool Room and QC departments as required.
- To carry out other such tasks as required from time to time.
- To ensure and always assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good basic engineering skills would be desirable
- Computer competency and literacy to include emails, Word, Excel, document creation
- Experience of Health and Safety/safe working practices
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment desirable
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of lifting 25 kilos unassisted
- Integrity and reliability
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Effective communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change and maintain a positive attitude essential
- Committed to continuous improvements
- Owner / driver of a suitable vehicle - due to location of the site