Customer Support Technician
FreezerPro is an industry leading scientific sample tracking system used by over 800 labs and institutes worldwide.
Critical to this is providing our customers high quality support if they have issues. Assisting customers via email or video call will form around half of this role. The second half will involve engaging with customers to help the configure their accounts for use, upload historic sample inventories and provide validation services.
There will also be occasional need to help develop and improve internal system including some coding.
Other responsibilities will include updating internal databases documenting the problems and solutions the customer have experienced, create documentation around fixing common issues and occasionally provide training to both internal and external teams.
This is a key position to support both the customers and other Brooks teams engaging with an important and growing product.
Successful candidates should have
- Good communication skills both written and oral – English language (other languages also useful)
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Enthusiastic to help customers
- Reliant when investigation issues
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work remotely but also engage successfully with a range of teams.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network configuration
- Experience with Linux based operating systems and system administration
- Comfort using virtual machines and cloud environments
- Ruby on Rails coding ability would be beneficial
- System validation knowledge
We would expect a degree and experience in software-based customer service and will look for someone able to hit the ground running.
Location is flexible as this role will be primarily home based.