Brooks is a leading worldwide technology provider for multiple markets, including semiconductor manufacturing and life sciences. Their technologies, engineering competencies and global service capabilities provide customers speed to market, and ensure high uptime and rapid response, which equate to superior value in their mission-critical controlled environments.
Overall Scope of the Role:
As Sales Manager in Brook’s Semiconductor Group, you will be based in mainland Europe or UK, covering sales activity throughout various parts of Europe, with direct business focus on Semiconductor equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Responsible for the overall sales strategies and results. Plans and directs all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies. Establishes short and long-term objectives, strategies and tactics in line with corporate objectives. May also manage the sale of the organization’s products or services to specific existing named or strategic accounts. Reports to the Head of Customer Operations – Europe.
• Manages all sales related facets of strategic alignment, relationship management, sales process and engagement
• Develops an integrated relationship model and sales approach that can allow Brooks to partner with the key account in a performance-based delivery model
• Provides comprehensive reports regularly
• Drives growth to achieve top line revenue while continually enhancing the level of customer satisfaction delivered to Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturers
• Development of market requirements and sales plans; establish both market and target customer strategies.
• Succinctly define new business opportunities, articulate business cases and drive effective decisions across senior management.
• Responsible for successfully managing the needs of customers in order to meet the company's overall business plans and strategies.
• Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers
• Contribute to the development and presentation of Brooks Products and solutions to customer needs
• Prepare weekly / quarterly forecast and report to Sales Director
• Supports annual business plan development in conjunction with head of Customer Operations, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year
• Maintain accurate SFDC/CRM process
• Monitor and share market and competitor activities with team
• Attend and present at client meetings and internal meetings with other staff/departments as necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
• Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values. Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments; Marketing, Finance, Support, Operations, Service
• Working alongside Marketing assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
• The job holder will communicate internally with staff at all levels, including directors of the business.
Skill and Aptitude Profile:
• Bachelor’s degree - preferably in a technical discipline
• 3-5+ years of successful sales experience in the Semiconductor Industry, preferably in the automation sector
• Established relationships within the semiconductor and/or adjacent market
• Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
• The selected candidate should also expect to be ‘face to face’ with its customers on a regular basis
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales quotas
• Demonstrated strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and future trends
• Experience in coordinating projects
• Experience of MS Office required
• Experience of Salesforce and/or Oracle a strong positive
• Candidate must have demonstrated success in driving best of class customer satisfaction as seen through the customer’s eyes.
• The successful individual will consistently exceed revenue targets, maintain or increase margins, and demonstrate the ability to thrive in an aggressive and ‘must win’ company environment.
• Well organised
• Sense of urgency
• Strong communication, negotiation & presentation skills
• Relationship builder
• Thick skinned
• Problem solver / strategist
• Flexible, positive attitude
• Technical competence
• Collaborative and cooperative with a win-win orientation
"I have been blessed with excellent managers at Brooks that have helped me develop professionally and personally. Every day here at Brooks I have an opportunity to make a difference. It is very rewarding working at a company that is committed to excellence for our customers and truly cares about its employees and the community."
"Working as an associate scientist in technical support for GENEWIZ, a Brooks Life Sciences Company, has provided me with an opportunity to apply my passion for science and helping others to the real world. I am humbled that my skillsets and expertise can play a part in helping research scientists around the world achieve the end goal of their experiments. GENEWIZ has provided me with opportunities to develop my skillsets in the fields of my own personal interests and allows me to practice them with experienced scientists. Every day is a new and exciting challenge and I am eager to see what the rest of my career with the Company has to offer."
"I am grateful to be a part of such a wonderful company that strives to make the world a better place. My main career goal was to positively contribute to the world around me and, by working at GENEWIZ, I have the chance to make a difference in the field of science and technology. GENEWIZâ€™s friendly environment and positive atmosphere has allowed me to grow as an individual, learn new things in the field of genomics, and to strive to always find ways to improve. I look forward to my continued growth at GENEWIZ and to contributing to positively making a difference in the world."
“Working at Brooks has been an amazing experience. I have great mentors and supervisors who provide consistent training, guidance, and support, and give me the opportunity to develop my talents in sales and knowledge in genomics. Overall, Brooks has made me a more well-rounded professional. I am given the opportunity to pursue exciting new projects and am exposed to the most cutting-edge life sciences technologies.”
“Working at Brooks, I consider myself a technologist working mostly in Software. At Brooks, we work on the latest technologies including robotics, control, machine vision, and machine learning. Through our solutions we are bringing value to customers allowing them to solve their most complex issues. During my 10 years with Brooks, I’ve found hard work is rewarded while seeing how our bleeding edge technology captures market share while working with a fun and dedicated team.”
"Working at Brooks, you are surrounded by a great group of people. They are experienced, have positive energy, and are willing to pull together as a team to go the extra mile. Also, the work we do at Brooks is in a diverse and dynamic market where we are continually coming up with new solutions. The combination of this makes coming to work each day very enjoyable."
“Working at Brooks has helped me to grow as an engineering leader and innovator. As a research and development engineer, I have the opportunity to work on improving existing technology as well as tackling the next generation of challenges. I can only accomplish these goals due to the exceptional community that has been built at Brooks. Every day I wake up and I am excited to get to work and be a part of that Brooks community.”
“I like working at Brooks because they value their employees and how they work toward a common goal. I get to work both individually and with my team on a variety of challenging projects, which helps me grow both personally and professionally.”
“It has been fun to be a part of an organization which is growing and adding new products which are truly novel and support an unmet market need. It is a dynamic culture with a lot of opportunity to contribute and grow professionally.”
“Working at Brooks has empowered me to take on new roles and responsibilities which has allowed me to broaden my career and increase my confidence in my abilities. The technology I work on is novel and the prospect of follow on projects is exciting. I appreciate the team environment in which I work and feel I am a valued employee.”
“My one goal after graduating was to begin a career in a company that loved robots as much as I did. As a Mechanical Engineer in the rotational program at Brooks Automation, I look forward to facing new and interesting challenges every day that let me continue to expand my knowledge base. I not only get to work in a wide variety of robotics subfields, but also have the opportunity to work alongside top-tier engineers who are inspiring models for the type of engineer I would want to be like in the future.”
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do our utmost to ensure that there is no discrimination or bias against anyone applying for a job or in any phase of employment for reasons related to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
We welcome and value diversity, to ensure that our work benefits from a broad range of viewpoints and perspectives. Our growing global reach gives us the opportunity to bring to our business an even richer diversity of experiences and capabilities. For assistance in the application process, please reach out to HR.Recruiting@brooks.com or call (978) 262-2400. Review EEO Law & EEO Statement Here.
Brooks Automation participates in E-Verify®, and will provide the United States Federal Government with your form I-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the United States. For more information, please visit E-Verify® at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.