15 Elizabeth DriveChelmsford, MA 01824US
The NPI Supply Chain Program Manager will work primarily with the Semiconductor
Automation Product Development Team as the lead supply chain representative for new product development. This role will provide the required support that ensures all functions of supply chain are fulfilled and the assigned products are released in accordance with project deliverables.
• Primary ownership for new product material costs with full understanding and reporting of cost drivers and cost changes. Partners with Engineering, Commodity Managers, and Suppliers to drive optimal material costs including alignment with commodity strategies for supply base optimization and lowest total acquisition cost.
• Coordinate with the Systems Team to ensure new product releases are aligned with the Brooks Product Life-Cycle Phase/Gates and the products are efficiently and accurately released through all required PLM and ERP Systems.
• Work with the assigned functional leaders to track and coordinate all program deliverables, highlighting key program risks and putting plans in place to mitigate those risks, providing regular reports/updates on program status. This includes identification and mitigation of long-term supply chain risks presented by new designs.
• Manage the flow of materials per project requirements including analysis of supplier capacity and capability to ensure their ability to supply parts with on-going adjustment of material flow for adequate line fill and inventory optimization.
• May provide technical support for DFx (design for all desirable manufacturability, assembly, test attributes) including reviewing engineering changes and assessment of materials/supply chain impact.
• Interacts with suppliers to ensure appropriate support and execution of NPI deliverables as well as participate in managing supplier relationships and performance.
• Active engagement in process improvements to continually increase efficiency and effectiveness of product development and supply chain processes.
• Occasional travel required, including international.
• Minimum of five years of experience with Commodity Management and/or Sourcing in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
• Strong background with mechanical commodities (sheet-metal, precision machining, welding, plastics, injection molding, casting, brazing) with ability to read and interpret technical documents including drawings, blueprints, product specifications, material tolerances, finish specifications. Understanding of GD&T and mechanical industry workmanship standards.
• 3+ years of experience in program management of new product through the development and product life-cycle processes.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
• Must have experience with international purchasing and sourcing including ability to interact and work with teams which are geographically dispersed. Prefer experience with supply base in Korea.
• Customer-focused, self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal direction, ability to drive initiatives and programs with unclear initial definition.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Experience and knowledge of Semi Conductor Equipment manufacturing is highly desirable.
Required Experience and Education:
BS or BA Degree in Engineering, Purchasing or Technical discipline.
Project/Program management training and/or certification preferred.
Lean Six-Sigma training and/or certification preferred.
"I have been blessed with excellent managers at Brooks that have helped me develop professionally and personally. Every day here at Brooks I have an opportunity to make a difference. It is very rewarding working at a company that is committed to excellence for our customers and truly cares about its employees and the community."
I’ve been working at GENEWIZ, a Brooks Life Sciences Company, for over 10 years across 4 different departments, and this has been a great place to grow my career and develop new skills. The environment is highly collaborative and team-oriented, with a strong focus on customer service. I would strongly recommend GENEWIZ to any prospective employee as an excellent place to work!
"I am grateful to be a part of such a wonderful company that strives to make the world a better place. My main career goal was to positively contribute to the world around me and, by working at GENEWIZ, I have the chance to make a difference in the field of science and technology. GENEWIZâ€™s friendly environment and positive atmosphere has allowed me to grow as an individual, learn new things in the field of genomics, and to strive to always find ways to improve. I look forward to my continued growth at GENEWIZ and to contributing to positively making a difference in the world."
"Working as an associate scientist in technical support for GENEWIZ, a Brooks Life Sciences Company, has provided me with an opportunity to apply my passion for science and helping others to the real world. I am humbled that my skillsets and expertise can play a part in helping research scientists around the world achieve the end goal of their experiments. GENEWIZ has provided me with opportunities to develop my skillsets in the fields of my own personal interests and allows me to practice them with experienced scientists. Every day is a new and exciting challenge and I am eager to see what the rest of my career with the Company has to offer."
“Working at Brooks has been an amazing experience. I have great mentors and supervisors who provide consistent training, guidance, and support, and give me the opportunity to develop my talents in sales and knowledge in genomics. Overall, Brooks has made me a more well-rounded professional. I am given the opportunity to pursue exciting new projects and am exposed to the most cutting-edge life sciences technologies.”
“Working at Brooks has empowered me to take on new roles and responsibilities which has allowed me to broaden my career and increase my confidence in my abilities. The technology I work on is novel and the prospect of follow on projects is exciting. I appreciate the team environment in which I work and feel I am a valued employee.”
“Working at Brooks, I consider myself a technologist working mostly in Software. At Brooks, we work on the latest technologies including robotics, control, machine vision, and machine learning. Through our solutions we are bringing value to customers allowing them to solve their most complex issues. During my 10 years with Brooks, I’ve found hard work is rewarded while seeing how our bleeding edge technology captures market share while working with a fun and dedicated team.”
“I like working at Brooks because they value their employees and how they work toward a common goal. I get to work both individually and with my team on a variety of challenging projects, which helps me grow both personally and professionally.”
"Working at Brooks, you are surrounded by a great group of people. They are experienced, have positive energy, and are willing to pull together as a team to go the extra mile. Also, the work we do at Brooks is in a diverse and dynamic market where we are continually coming up with new solutions. The combination of this makes coming to work each day very enjoyable."
“Working at Brooks has helped me to grow as an engineering leader and innovator. As a research and development engineer, I have the opportunity to work on improving existing technology as well as tackling the next generation of challenges. I can only accomplish these goals due to the exceptional community that has been built at Brooks. Every day I wake up and I am excited to get to work and be a part of that Brooks community.”
“My one goal after graduating was to begin a career in a company that loved robots as much as I did. As a Mechanical Engineer in the rotational program at Brooks Automation, I look forward to facing new and interesting challenges every day that let me continue to expand my knowledge base. I not only get to work in a wide variety of robotics subfields, but also have the opportunity to work alongside top-tier engineers who are inspiring models for the type of engineer I would want to be like in the future.”
“It has been fun to be a part of an organization which is growing and adding new products which are truly novel and support an unmet market need. It is a dynamic culture with a lot of opportunity to contribute and grow professionally.”
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do our utmost to ensure that there is no discrimination or bias against anyone applying for a job or in any phase of employment for reasons related to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
We welcome and value diversity, to ensure that our work benefits from a broad range of viewpoints and perspectives. Our growing global reach gives us the opportunity to bring to our business an even richer diversity of experiences and capabilities. For assistance in the application process, please reach out to HR.Recruiting@brooks.com or call (978) 262-2400. Review EEO Law & EEO Statement Here.
Brooks Automation participates in E-Verify®, and will provide the United States Federal Government with your form I-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the United States. For more information, please visit E-Verify® at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.